May 17, 2014

Posted by LeAnn Johnson

~Wood Fence Photo Frame Display Board~

It's amazing all the things people can make out of old wood. Re-purposing and up-cycling are really popular right now. Wood pallets, wood fence panels, old barns, doors and bed frames are among some of the items that the most creative things have been made from. I was in a Mexican restaurant a few months ago. The bathroom mirror that hung above the sink was made from an old iron gate. It was amazing! I took a picture of it with my phone but the the lighting was so bad that it did not turn out well. I'm sorry, I would have loved to have shared it with you. I even searched all over the Internet trying to find something similar but nothing came even remotely close. Maybe I will visit the restaurant sometime soon and I'll bring my good camera.
Today I'm going to share a Wood Frame Photo Display my hubby made for a close friend of the  family to display their daughter's pictures at their wedding reception. There are many other ways this fun project can be used. I will share a few of my ideas below.
~Wood Fence Panel Photo Display~ PHOTOS for GRADUATION, BIRTHDAY PARTY, FAMILY REUNION, SEATING CHARTS FOR WEDDING, etc.

 ~WOOD FENCE PANEL DISPLAY~

  1. Engagement Party/Wedding Reception- display pictures of bride & groom or it could be used to display a Seating Chart/Table  for the guests at an engagement/wedding dinner or reception.
  2. Birthday Party- display some baby pictures of the guest of honor
  3. Graduation Party- display some pics of the graduate from kindergarten through their school years to graduation. 
  4. Wedding Anniversary- it would be fun to see pics of the couple through the years with some family photos.
  5. Family Reunion- You could make a larger version of this display or have each family decorate their own board.


This video shows you how to make this wood frame from an old fence panel. Some ideas to attach the pictures could be decorative tacks, nails, clips, clipboard, etc. (NOTE: The first part of this video is a voice over because the wind was blowing so loudly I was afraid you may not be able to hear well.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Crafty 2 the Core | Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio